Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don’t do it. Author unknown
Spring is my favourite time of the year. The weather warms up, the days get longer, snow begins to melt, and flowers bloom. However, with the brighter light and longer days I begin to notice things that I haven’t seen all winter, such as dust bunnies under the furniture, piles of discarded clothes in corners, and the list goes on. It motivates me to begin spring cleaning.
While spring cleaning, look for some of these (and other) wonderful things that you can use on your scrapbooking projects:
- Styrofoam trays – for painting or handmade stamps
- Dryer sheets –for mixed media collage or for creating flowers
- Old kitchen tools – for making into pretty little presents or as stamps or as part of a mixed media project.
- Spray bottles –for mixing paint and as spritz bottles.
- Bubble wrap –for stamping and creating texture
- Dried flowers – for absolutely anything crafty
- Old clothing – buttons, fabric, design, texture – the sky is the limit (Figure 1)
- Cardboard, paint chips, scrap pieces of wood, etc… (Figures 2 & 3)
Look for things to be used to create wonderful and whimsical crafting and scrapbooking projects. Take a closer look at what is hidden under those dust bunnies.