It’s Tool Time!
Cropodile, Punch boards, stamp blocks, scissors, rulers…you’ve invested in them, now you need to use them, but before you can do that, you’ve got to find them.
This week we’ll talk about tool storage solutions that work for crafting at home and on the go.
What type of crafter are you? You’ll need to define yourself before you can pick the perfect tool organizers – learn more…
What you need:
- Easily accessible containers for your always used tools. If you don’t have space on your desk – think about a cart, something that you can pull up next to you while you’re crafting.
- Storage options for lesser used tools.
What to do:
- Gather up your tools.
- Sort them by amount of use – every project, some projects, rarely used, *never used.
- Arrange them in the storage containers you’ve selected.
- Place containers for easy accessibility
- Label if necessary
Tools are more about accessibility than anything else. We all know when things are easy to access and easy to put away, we’re far more likely to use them.
*Never used tools should be evaluated and possibly purged. Is the reason a particular tool never gets used:
- You forgot you had it?
- You have another tool(s) that does the same job better?
- You’re not really sure how to use it?
- You don’t like/it doesn’t work well?
- It’s for a technique or craft you’re uninterested in doing?
- It’s difficult to find when you need it?
Consider why it isn’t getting used and then determine if this tool deserves a place in your craftroom or…in your purge box.
- Gather your tools
- Sort by most used – always, sometimes, rarely, never
- Choose a tool “space” on your work space
- Find a storage container that gives you accessibility to your “always” used tools right on your workspace.
- Choose tool storage for “sometimes” used tools and decide where to put them so they are within easy reach.
- Choose storage for “rarely” used tools.
- Purge tools you will never use.
- Enjoy your reward
- Enter the weekly contest
- Enter the TT contest – click here.
- Download the blog post – click here
Watch this week’s video
Totally-Tiffany Product Suggestions
Hang & Hold – Expand your desktop or your craft cart. Deskmaid
Die, Stamp & Supply Organizer Tool Tower
Thank you for joining me on this 12 Week journey – I know you’ll be so glad you did!