Creating Paper Roses
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
I am so lucky to be married to my best friend and I created this layout to celebrate our life together. Remember to scrapbook the relationships in your life not just the important dates.
I used Lucky 7 Factory Paper, Stampin’ Up! punch and ink, Bo Bunny alphas, Papertray Ink buttons, Tim Holtz Tissue tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, Fabri-tac, baker’s twine, rebar wire and Clearsnap Smooch Spritz.
I made the flower stems myself to represent the flowers that Mike often gives me.
Basic Step by Steps
1. I start by punching quite a few circles from my paper. I like to use a small pattern to add interest to the flowers.
2. Flip the circles over and spray them with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz. Wait only for the colour to absorb, but work with the paper when it is still damp.
3. Bend a loop in the end of your wire to make attaching the first circle easier. Use wet glue like Fabri-Tac wrap the circle around the wire.
4. Continue to wrap the circles around each other in overlapping layers that stagger. Roll out the top edge to create the look of petals.
5. Add a green circle last and then wrap the stem with tissue tape. Bend wire to desired shape and cut out leaves from scraps and attach.
These can be made as big or small by changing the size of your circle, and how many layers you add.
A big paper kiss…