Hello Crafty Friends!
It’s me, Fairuz Fabiha here from Craftivation.
Sweater weather has already arrived and maybe you are here reading this blog with a warm cup of coffee but we all know that nothing can feel warmer than our “Home, Sweet Home” in this weather with little touches of The Robin’s Nest Dewdrops!
I love Fall. The gorgeous colors of fall have always inspired me to incorporate those colors on my projects. So being inspired by those amazing colors, today I’ll be sharing with you, how I created this stunning faux wood mixed media wall-hanging home decor! Oh, that was a bit of a mouthful, lol!
Step by step process:
- At first, I cut three strips of cardboard of the same length and width.
- Punched some holes for tying rope afterward.
- Covered the cardboard strips with tissue paper to add wooden texture.
- Painted the strips with dark brown paint to give it a wooden look.
- Splattered some gold and bronze paints.
- Connecting the pieces of cardboard strips with jute rope.
- Arranging the flowers and leaves and adhering it on the blocks.
- Sticking the “ Home Sweet Home” sentiment cutouts. I’ve used gold mirror paper for the sentiment.
- Last but not the least, adding my favorite neon yellow, neon orange and vanilla brown “TheRobin’s Nest” Dewdrops. Tried to create a house like pattern at the bottom with these Robin’s Nest Dewdrops too.
Here are some details. I used Light Vanilla Dewdrops, Neon-orange Mini Dewdrops, and Neon Yello Mini Dewdrops Hope you guys will find this inspiring and try this out yourself!
And don’t forget to keep craftivating your dreams!
A huge thank you to The Robin’s Nest for sponsoring The Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnivals!
The carnival in Calgary, Alberta is on Sept 20-21 at the GORGEOUS Spruce Meadows!
We want you to come on down to the show … make and takes, classes, shopping and MORE! You do not have to be a registered cropper to enjoy all the scrapbooking awesomeness! Tickets can be purchased at the door!
Print out this coupon to save on admission at the door.
Registration, location, classes, and MORE information can be found on our website – CLICK HERE!
Thank you once again to The Robin’s Nest or being a Carnival sponsor – we truly appreciate it!