Today on our blog, Kerry Engel is sharing some beautiful watercolour effects on her scrapbook page using Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
I love making my own embellishments. This layout began with a doodled flower that I created last summer. I actually have a stash of Tombow flowers just waiting for a story that needs telling (and embellishing).
It’s so easy to make your own embellishments with Tombow Dual Brush Pens. In this layout I used the Tombows to create the following accents:
1. Journaling strips
2. Watercoloured flowers
3. Hand lettered title.
Make your own customized journaling strips
1. Layer different colors of Tombow ink on watercolour or mixed media paper.
2. Wash with water to create an ombre, watercolour effect.
3. Let it dry then run it through a printer. The first time round I cut the paper into thin journaling strips. I thought my hand lettering was too bold so I did it again on one solid strip. I drew a frame around the strip with the Stickles.
Get artsy – make Amazing flowers
1. Doodle a flower with Ranger Stickles or Liquid Pearls on bristol board or mixed media paper. Let it dry.
2. Colour in your petals with your Tombow markers. Layer different colours to create a gradiant colour effect.
3. Doodle in the empty space with a black pen.
4. Fussy cut around the flower.
Create one-of-a kind titles
1. Hand letter your title with your Tombow pen.
2. Outline it with the Ranger Stickles or Liquid Pearls.
3.Fussy cut out the title.
Tombow Dual Brush Pens come in 96 colours and will help you customize your watercolour effects to coordinate with any paper or colour palette you’re designing!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY to our quarterly publication – delivered right to your door!