Hello everyone – Kerry Engel here!I’ve got a soft spot for Creative Memories. I started my scrapbooking journey with them 20 years ago. I have over 25 completed CM albums. All of my layouts have a home in one of their albums. Their latest collection is a hit with my youngest daughter. . . she loves the adorable big-eyed critters. When I saw the baby animals I thought they’d rock a tag. I’ve been addicted to tags this year. I find them a fun alternative to cards and great additions to my scrapbook pages.
1. Make a “tag” base. I made the big tags using a couple of CM punches and a sheet of stickers.To start, I cut rectangles from Creative Scrapbooker Super Stock and then used the CM 4-way Corner Punch to create funky scalloped corners and oblong hole.
- Give stickers dimension. I stuck some of the Woodland Whimsy stickers on card stock and fussy cut around them to “enhance” them and give them some strength.
- 3D flowers. To make the flowers I punched several cherry blossoms, inked the edges, layered them and squished up the petals. To finish them off I put a heart in the center.
- Mini tag. I created the mini tags with the rectangle cutting system. I inked the edges with Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink.
- Layer everything. I cut out a frame from the Woodland Whimsy paper and then simply layered the stickers over the frame. I used CM foam squares to lift the “enhanced” stickers off the page. I finished it off with scrap ribbon from my stash.
Supplies: Creative Memories Woodland Whimsy collection and adhesives; Clearsnap ColorBox chalk ink, Creative Scrapbooker Super Stock
To See More of Kerry’s work – CLICK HERE
SUBSCRIBE TODAY to our quarterly publication – delivered right to your door!