Nicole Wright here today celebrating Canada’s 151st birthday! I love Canada even more since today is also my husband’s birthday. I always make sure he has a “CANADA DAY” theme card. This year his card is extra special. The paper used for the Maple Leaf and side red banners are 116 year old paper from his grandfather’s old book. It’s ok, I have permission. I will be filming the HOW TO for this card with Creative Scrapbooker Magazine in a few days… while I am on vacation. For now, check out this inspiration and get ready for this quick video.
1. I cut the Sizzix die cut Layered Leaf with the book page paper to create a Maple Leaf. The side banners are cut with the same book page. Each book page is inked with Ranger’s Distress Spray Ink Candied Apple. To get that intensity I sprayed 2 times, drying in between.
2. Ohhhh just look at this Sizzix Decorative Strip Tattered Banner tucked right over the stem of the leaf. The perfect spot to stamp Stampers Anonymous Simple Sayings “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”. I added a little contrast on the edges of the banner with Rangers Distress Oxide Ink Black Soot.
3. Each book page is inked with Distress Spray Ink Candied Apple. To get that intensity I sprayed 2 times, drying in between. The grungy background layer is inked with Ranger’s Distress Oxide Ink Vintage Photo on Super Stock Card Stock. Stamp Stampers Anonymous Crackle background stamp from the Cracks & Speckles stamp set.
4. To adhere the book page cuts to the Super Stock Card Stock I used Ranger’s Distress Collage Medium Crazing. Some of the Distress Collage Medium Crazing dried too fast… more like I was too slow. This can be a perfect creative opportunity to curl the paperback to add more grunge.
5. Then I coated the top of each book page cut with Distress Collage Medium Crazing to create a foundation. Outline the edges of the book pages with Distress Crayon Black Soot and smudge.
6. I wish you all a very safe and happy celebration today. Wishing Canada a very Happy Birthday. To all those celebrating our Nations Birthday today enjoy your poutine, buttertarts and maple syrup. On a personal note, a very Happy Birthday to my best friend and husband a very Happy Birthday.
Here is a closer look at the products I used.
Ranger Distress Oxide inks Ranger Archival ink and Collage Medium Ranger Distress Spray and Crayons Stampers Anonymous Stamps Creative Scrapbooker Super Stock Sizzix Dies
Don’t forget the video to make this Canada Day card will be coming soon to Creative Scrapbooker Magazines Youtube Channel.
Have a wonderful Canada Day everyone.!
To see more of Nicole’s work visit her blog – Nicole Wright Designs
SUBSCRIBE TODAY to Creative Scrapbooker Magazine – HOLD IT! READ IT! LOVE IT!