Happy Hauntings! Noreen Smith here to share another Halloween layout using the new Happy Hauntings Collection from Creative Memories! I am so enjoying using this moody, more sophisticated Halloween collection that features a striking Paper Pack, coordinating Stickers and intricate Laser Cut Embellishments! Even in scrapbooking, sometimes serendipity steps in to make a perfect match: when I saw the “It’s Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus” sticker in the Happy Hauntings Sticker pack, I knew I would use it on a layout referencing one of my favorite movies. Then when I saw Jennifer’s October Sketch, I knew it would be perfect to use, as the three 2” x 2” photos were just right to feature some little headshot photos of the three Sanderson sisters from the movie Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus 2! Here’s Jennifer’s October Sketch: And here is my take on the sketch using the Happy Hauntings collection! And it was easy and quick to create…here are the steps:
- Use the cloudy night sky paper for the base page, then cut a 2” x 12” strip of the gray spider webs paper with the 12” Trimmer and adhered it to the left hand edge of the base page with Tape Runner Adhesive.
- Cut a 3” x 8” strip of the orange Halloween icons paper, then center and adhere it next to the gray strip.
- Add the purple scroll laser cut embellishment, overlapping the seam between the two strips. Use Repositionable Adhesive to make quick work of the intricate details.
- Mount three 2” x 2” photos matted on purple stars squares measuring 2.25” x 2.25”. Mount matted photos onto the orange Halloween icons paper strip.
- Double mount the featured 5” x 4” photo with purple stars and gray spider webs mats. Adhere next to the orange Halloween icons strip.
- Cut a .5” x 4.5” strip of the orange Halloween Icons paper and tuck it under the right-hand edge of the feature photo to bring some of the orange across the layout.
- Add title and embellishment cluster above feature photo. I also added a “2” from the White Script ABC/123 Stickers to reference the title of the movie.
- Cut the fence laser cut embellishment to fit between the orange Halloween icons strip and the right-hand edge of base page. Adhere with Repositionable Adhesive.
- Layer embellishment cluster over top of fence with Foam Squares Adhesive for dimension.
- Write journaling on the gray spider webs strip with Black Micro-Tip Pen, then add some small star stickers near the journaling and embellishment clusters to finish the layout.
Here are some close-ups of the fun embellishment clusters: I hope you get a chance to play with the Happy Hauntings collection soon to document your favorite Halloween traditions, movies, activities or costumes! And make sure to post your version of Jennifer’s October Sketch in the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine’s Sketchy Group on Facebook! Happy Halloween!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY to Creative Scrapbooker Magazine