Art Impressions stamps capture real life for so many women. The confident ladies strutting their stuff in the Girlfriends Make the Best Accessories stamp reminds me of me and my friends when we go for lunch. I wanted to make the ladies a bit glitzy so I used the paper piecing technique on their sunglasses and purses. A little glitter goes a long way! I also tried something different for me, I applied Ranger Tim Holtz Oxide inks onto foiled Therm O Web Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates paper. It turned out really well. The inked and foiled background looks like a Vegas night sky.
Here’s how I created this look:
1. Stamp the Art Impressions Girlfriend stamp on watercolor paper and fussy-cut the ladies.
2. Stamp the Ranger Oxide Inks on a non-porous surface and add water, using a paintbrush paint your stamped image
3. Stamp the image a second time on glitter cardstock and fussy-cut out the glasses and purses. Adhere these pieces onto the ladies.
4. Send the Therm O Web Gina K. Designs Foil-Mate sheet with Sparkling Silver Foil through the laminator.
5. Apply Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks with Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes to the Therm O Web Gina K. Designs Foil Mate sheet, blending the colours from top to bottom.
6. Glue your girlfriends to your background.
7. Stamp the sentiment on white Therm O Web Gina K. Designs Premium cardstock.
I hope you have some time to do something creative today – It’s good for the soul.
SUPPLIES: Art Impressions Uptown Girls stamp set, Therm O Web Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates, Foil Sheets, Premium cardstock, and iCraft Mixed Media Adhesive, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink, Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes, Canson watercolor paper, and unknown glitter cardstock.
Kerry is a MORNING crafter! Every morning before she heads off to work she takes some time in her craft room. Once or twice a week she shares what she has been working on, within the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Instagram Stories. Be sure to follow us on Instagram so you won’t miss what is cooking at Kerry’s house! CLICK HERE